because I have to get my point across in 140 characters, preferably less.
because I have developed and continue to build a personal learning network (PLN) on my topic(s) of career focus.
because I social share links to current content of value to my target.
because I also social share links to the original content from my blog.
because I try to share a bit of my personality with occasional humor and interesting life hacks.
because I use the proper key words and hashtags that my target is searching for.
because my profile/bio and the content I social share defines and reinforces my personal brand identity.
because it is not social if I don’t thank you, follow, follow back, favorite, retweet, @mention, or make lists.
because I more efficiently manage my social life using social media support tools and mobile apps so it becomes a pleasure rather than a chore.
because I regularly monitor and measure my activity for continuous self-learning.
because it makes strategic sense for my personal brand.
“I tweet. Therefore, I am.”
Image credit: adapted from photo by Todd Martin on Flickr.
Latest posts by Denny McCorkle (see all)
- I Love You More Than I Love Social Media 2017 - February 13, 2017
- 12 More Ways to Social Refresh Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn - November 7, 2016
- 9 Ways to Social Refresh Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn - October 24, 2016
- LinkedIn Sucks When You Do - September 6, 2016
- Is LinkedIn a Place Where Your Resume Goes to Die? - August 8, 2016