Hardware | Software | Blog Platforms | Social Media | Favorites | Other |
1. “Professor McCorkle, you tweeted during class today and other days this week at exactly 11:37 am. But, I did not see you use your iPhone or computer while you were teaching our class. How did you do that?
2. “Professor, with all your around-the-clock activity on social media, how do you find time for your family?”
3. “I am beginning to get some retweets. What tools do you use to measure Twitter influence?”
4. “I want to find and social share content from my iPad. What apps do you recommend?”
5. “Will a 100 volt hair dryer from Japan work properly in U.S. 110-120 volt outlets?”
Rather than repeatedly answering these questions and more, I came up with this idea of a FAQ about my digital life. Or, perhaps I should call it FAQ, frequently answered questions. So, here are my answers. It is up to you to make up the questions. And, of course you can always ask additional questions at the end of this post. Such questions may even inspire a new blog post.
Note 1: just as social media platforms and supporting tools will change, so goes my digital life and the content on this page. So, watch this space.
Note 2: I will occasionally write blog posts about how I or you can use these platforms and tools for self marketing, personal branding, and social media marketing. Subscribe to this blog or follow my Tweets for more detailed answers.
iMac at the office.
Lenovo with Windows 7 at home.
MacBook Air, iPad Mini, and iPhone 5 for travel and mobile use.
Windows 7 computers in the classroom.
iPad 1 for my daughter to play with kid appropriate apps.
Lenovo Twist Windows 8 for my wife’s home computer.
iPhone 4 (unlocked) for WiFi use when visiting China.
MS Office (for Windows and Mac)
WinX DVD Ripper
Hamster Free Zip Archiver
UNCO VPN (for school security)
HMA VPN (so I can watch NetFlix and BBC while in China; and social share thru a hole in the great firewall of China)
DigitalSelfMarketingAdvantage.com is self-hosted with Bluehost using the Genesis Framework and Prose child theme.
IGeekforCreativity.com is hosted by WordPress.com.
Favorite WordPress Widgets/PlugIns
Fancier Author Box
Disqus Comment System
Google Analytics for WordPress
W3 Total Cache
WordPress Editorial Calendar
Favorite Social Media Platforms
Twitter (@TweetRightBrain, @DennyMcCorkle)
Google+ (DennyMcCorkle, with Google+ private communities for each of my classes).
Facebook Page (I Geek for Creativity)
Facebook (personal only)
Instagram (personal only)
2 YouTube Channels (denny5123 and IGeekforCreativity)
Youku (to share family videos with my wife’s friends and family in China)
QQ and WeChat (to communicate with my wife’s friends and family in China)
Favorite Social Media for Visual Identity or Profiles
Favorite Mobile Apps
Air PlayIt (for steaming movies from computer to iPad thru WiFi)
Notes (to record ideas and blog posts and sync across all Apple devices using iCloud)
Skype (for all international phone calls)
Favorite Chrome Extensions
Send from Gmail (by Google)
Evernote Web Clipper
Sonos (wireless music streaming from iTunes)
Roku (connects Internet programming to the TV)
Dish Hopper and Everything Pack (satellite TV)
Obi110 VoIP Telephone Adapter (for free home phone calls thru the Internet)
Comcast Broadband (50+ mg download)
Asus RT AC66U Router (the fastest in-home WiFi possible)
Best Answers to the Majority of Questions That I Am Asked
Just Google it. Or, just ask.
What are your questions about using technology for personal branding, social media marketing, or the job search?
Latest posts by Denny McCorkle (see all)
- I Love You More Than I Love Social Media 2017 - February 13, 2017
- 12 More Ways to Social Refresh Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn - November 7, 2016
- 9 Ways to Social Refresh Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn - October 24, 2016
- LinkedIn Sucks When You Do - September 6, 2016
- Is LinkedIn a Place Where Your Resume Goes to Die? - August 8, 2016