Personal branding requires networking, both physical networking and social media networking. This is a story of their convergence and the essential role of LinkedIn.
You can learn a lot in a bar.
In a bar there is always someone willing to talk and teach you a few things about life, perhaps even about a digital life.
In a previous blog post, A Social Media Enthusiast Walked Into a Bar, I wrote a fictional story about the overzealous and overly enthusiastic behavior often shared by today’s wannabe digerati of social media.
In this blog post I continue my storytelling about the importance of a networking convergence of the digital with the physical for greater success with personal branding, job search, and career.
A Conversation of Networking Convergence.
Physical networking is more old-school. Social media networking is more new-school.
Ideally, both are needed for successful personal branding and job search (PB&J).
A networking convergence strategy represents an improvement in both, or a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts.
How have you connected your physical networking with your social media networking?
Image: by Denny McCorkle
Latest posts by Denny McCorkle (see all)
- I Love You More Than I Love Social Media 2017 - February 13, 2017
- 12 More Ways to Social Refresh Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn - November 7, 2016
- 9 Ways to Social Refresh Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn - October 24, 2016
- LinkedIn Sucks When You Do - September 6, 2016
- Is LinkedIn a Place Where Your Resume Goes to Die? - August 8, 2016